Shiseido have their 140th anniversary this year and to celebrate they are bringing out a host of new releases....
| Radiant Lifting Foundation |
![]() |
| Camellia Compact |
![]() |
| Lacquer Rouge |
...Limited Editions and previously unavailable in the UK - their very first cosmetic product - Eudermine.
Used at the toner stage, it thrills me that this is now in the UK - I've long been shouting that toners have moved far past the stage of just being an extra step in cleansing. They are the first step post-cleansing - and I have a wardrobe of about 30 that I use on a rotating basis.
If the above bottle design looks familiar its because it was designed by Serge Lutens - image creator for Shiseido since 1980.
To celebrate their 140 years, Eudermine is also being released as a Limited Edition in a ruby red bottle inspired by its original packaging.
The Serge Lutens bottle is exclusive to Harrods.
The Limited Edition is available at Shiseido stockists nationwide - both are priced £49.00.



Hi Caroline, I just had a quick question, I noticed u are recommending the environ toner now in the clinic, is it the moisturizing toner or te derma lac? Is this better than p50v? Thank u
ReplyDeleteI wondered about this also. The moisturising one contains lactic acid. Does the derma lac have higher concentrations of the lactic acid? I would be interested to know which to use as an alternative to the p50v, p50 being hard for me to get hold of.
Deletexx
Its the AVST toner - it's not better than P50 but if you can't get hold of P50 at least its acidic.
DeleteThank u Caroline, u are very kind to answer all these questions. I had used the derma lac as a face toner before, that one is actually for the body, on the recommendation of a facialist. It was years ago and my skin was horribly congested but I did like the toner. The bumps only got worse with the vit a of the range until they became cystic, but now since following ur recommendations my skin is clear and smooth. Thank u so much for ur advice.
DeleteHelen, are u in the states? For US readers, u can get p50 at a website www.eliteskincare.com
DeleteDon't they (Shiseido) still test their products on animals?
ReplyDeleteHi Sandra! I'll get a statement from them - we'll soon know. :)
DeleteHi Sandra,
DeleteJust got this from their PR:
Shiseido does not test its cosmetic products or ingredients on animals except when absolutely mandated by law, or where there are absolutely no alternative methods for guaranteeing product safety. Shiseido's mission is to provide safe and effective products to customers, and to comply with the cosmetics regulations in force, while understanding and respecting the principles behind animal protection.
For more information on Shiseido's pioneering achievements in alternative testing methods, please visit: http://group.shiseido.com/csr/challenge/experiment/index.html
So I think essentially what they may be saying is that they are sold in China - which in all honesty is to be expected given their origin.
I wouldn't be surprised if my gran knows about this - she's an avid Shiseido fan and talks about their "something something cucumber" all the time!
ReplyDeleteooh it looks and sounds amazing! too bad it's an UK limited editon :( x
ReplyDeleteThat is really disgusting.
ReplyDeleteDo they all "sell their products in China" (now an excuse to justify animal torture?)!?
Chanel, Clarins, Becca, Alpha-H, etc etc etc??
Depressing... :(
I was thinking of doing a post about this to be honest. The entire industry is trying to get into China - only a select few won't do it. x
DeleteYes, pleeeease do a post on this!
DeleteThe only familiar (makeup)brand I can find not going to China is Urban Decay.
I thought EU said someting about "from 2013 - no more animal tested products within the EU",
or was I dreaming? This is all so very (very!) confusing.
If that is the case, I am def sticking to ud palettes
DeleteWhat about chantecaille? Are they cruelty free?
DeleteAccording to The animal actionist, Chantecaille seem to be ok! Even vegan! Except from some brushes made of squirrel hair... Same thing with E.L.F.
DeleteChantecaille are cruelty free in everything except brushes.
Delete