David Kirsch is one of my long-standing clients and the man whose face I see in my head when I'm deciding between the cheeseburger and the salad on the menu. Yes, I still pick the burger sometimes - but not as often - I swear.
I picked his amazing, inspiring brain for his Top Tips for health.
This is the man that the likes of Heidi Klum, Liv Tyler and Anne Hathaway call when they want to work out. He's clearly doing something right! Over to the Man of Steel:
What are the 3 worst things
you can do for/to your body?
1.
Smoke. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cigarette
smoking kills one in five people in the United States each year, yet it's
the most preventable cause of death. I believe this is the hands-down worst,
yet most avoidable, thing you can do to your body. (I love him for this alone - CH)
2.
Skip exercise. The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes of aerobic
exercise five days a week. This doesn't mean you have to hit the gym for an
intense training session, even a brisk afternoon walk has a positive impact on
your physical and mental health. It's not just about exercising to look good;
this is exercising to keep your body healthy and your heart strong.
3.
Not eating healthily. Obesity is a global epidemic. To stay fit and healthy,
avoid what I call the “bad three”: sugar, saturated fat, and fast food.
What are the 3 best things you can do for optimal health?
1. Exercise daily. Just like the worst thing you can do is skip exercise, the best thing you can do is make time for it daily. Try waking up and exercising first thing in the morning, before the weight of the day becomes too much and you feel like skipping the gym or your evening jog. Exercise with a friend if you fear you won’t have time to work out and have an active social life – it’s much more productive than going out for a beer and you’ll enjoy it just as much.
2.
Eat healthily. It’s important to eat balanced, healthful meals from the five
food groups – protein, fruits, veggies, grains and legumes and dairy. If
weight loss is your issue, then I tell my clients to follow my A,B,C’s – no
Alcohol, Bread or processed Carbs. I also tell them to keep it lean, clean and
green. No artificial ingredients, lots of leafy green vegetables like spinach
and kale, and lean protein like fish or chicken. And, remember to drink lots of
water.
3.
Be happy. The happiest people are the healthiest people. Do what makes you
happy, whether it’s running, riding a bike, knitting, you name it. The thing
that makes me the happiest is spending time with my daughters, and I can always
make time for that.
What are the 3 best exercises for those of us with busy lifestyles?
The
best exercises you can do are planks and push-ups, squats, and walking. These 4
(I couldn't pick just 3!) will work your whole body, can be done “anywhere,
anytime” and can be done by all fitness levels.
What are your Top 3 products (from DK range) for Women – in particular those of us that are apparently the ‘most stretched generation’ – concern for/looking after our older parents – and looking after small children (ME)?
What are your Top 3 products (from DK range) for Women – in particular those of us that are apparently the ‘most stretched generation’ – concern for/looking after our older parents – and looking after small children (ME)?
1.
My Vitamin Mineral Powder. Think of those daily multi-vitamins you used to take
– my Vitamin Mineral Super Juice is loaded with essential vitamins and
minerals, plus, it contains superior natural source antioxidants like
spirulina, acerola berry, coral calcium and CoEnzyme Q10.
David’s Super Juice
is your daily multivitamin plus!
2.
My AM Daily Detox. There's no healthier way to start your day then to “cleanse”
your body from free radicals that can wreak havoc on your skin and organs, and
to protect your cells from further damage.
This
formula uses the health benefits of red wine grapes, 10 different berries,
Lycopene, Resveratrol and Pycnogenol®, and is an immensely rich source of
antioxidants that works to remove toxins, disarm free radicals and combat
oxidative damage to the cells and skin.
3.
My Super Charged Greens Blend. An incredibly nutrient-rich source of fiber,
probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes and antioxidants derived from high alkaline
vegetables, fruits, grasses and grains, this is an essential supplement for
digestive health and a strong immune system.
My personal favourite product is David's B12 spray. I have one on my desk, one at my bedside and one in my bag. You could say I'm obsessed. It's the perfect pick-me-up when you need energy - fast.
I've stolen been offered five to giveaway to you, the loveliest of readers. Just 'like' David's Facebook page and leave me a comment below with your contact details/twitter handle. That's it.
- Giveaway open until Sunday 30th June.
- UK/Ireland only.
- 5 winners will be picked at random by David's team.
- DK is one of my clients -as I've said - but I am not receiving payment for this giveaway - my idea. I do like a freebie for my readers. :)


I would love to win this! Every day at 3pm I start to play nodding dogs until I force myself to go to the water machine and wake myself up!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed!
Olivia
Oacalvert@hotmail.co.uk
Lovely giveaway! You work with some amazing people!
ReplyDelete@Vintagewannabe8
What a great giveaway.
ReplyDeleteKitty75@virginmedia.com
awesome! I wish I hadn't forgotten to bring mine with me on holiday.
ReplyDeletestephaniekch [at] gmail [dot] com
Oooh fab giveaway, could do with a spritz of that right now!
ReplyDeleteJen x
@jen__la
Wow, this sounds amazing! Been umming and ahhing about buying this but just haven't been able to take the plunge yet! @jumcadam
ReplyDeletexo
I'd love to win! It would be amazing when I'm trying to blast my way out of the doldrums! :)
ReplyDelete@inanitysgirl
I'm guilty on the food side. I do love my sweets too much. Great giveaway. I've heard a lot of good things about vitamin B12.
ReplyDeleteAli
I've heard some good things about vitamin B12. I think the diet aspect is my problem area. I do love my sweets too much by times.
ReplyDeleteAli
I love his attitude to health and wellness!
ReplyDelete@raramakescakes
xox
If I win I promise to do my squats and planks daily! (I might even sneak in a push-up or three, just for you).
ReplyDelete@greeftwit
Super advice.....love a freebie!
ReplyDeleteSuper duper advice! Love a freebie!
ReplyDeleteLove love love it!
ReplyDelete@missyogipatel
Oh sounds like my sort of product, with 2 kids under 3 this would be a welcome addition lol x
ReplyDeletedancle06@aol.com
@danziedoo
My twitter is @talisa_lauren_t
ReplyDeleteLoved davids tips! I've started exercising and it's really beneficial!
http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/crown-brush.html
Hi Caroline
ReplyDeletePick Me! Pick Me! Would an unfit version of a winning cheerleaders kick do the trick and secure the loot?
I've been eyeing this baby up ever since you first mentioned it, this is the boost I need!
Rebecca :-)
hogartyrebecca@gmail.com
Hi Caroline
ReplyDeletePick Me! Pick Me! Would an unfit version of a winning cheerleaders kick do the trick and secure the loot?
I've been eyeing this baby up ever since you first mentioned it, this is the boost I need!
Rebecca :-)
hogartyrebecca@gmail.com
Hi Caroline
ReplyDeletePick Me! Pick Me!
Would an unfit version of a winning cheerleaders kick do the trick and secure me the loot?
I've had my eyes on this ever since you first mentioned it, just the boost I need!
Rebecca :-)
hogartyrebecca@gmail.com
Great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteWould love it to be me...
Alana
aj78@hotmail.co.uk
I love the tips but seriously, bread? It'd be easier to give up my nasty oxygen habit :P this give away looks awesome, the product sounds like something that would be amazing for me
ReplyDelete@wheelingalong24
Cor, fab giveaway. Pick meeeeee, because nobody ever did at school!
ReplyDelete@TravNat
I'm @audacityoffood
ReplyDeleteTrying to follow this advice atm! Sometimes I have to cheat a bit thought...
Ooh, this sounds amazing. I'm just about to start on a post-depression (well, better than I have been!) weight loss and exercise regime and this would give me the energy boost I need to succeed and get lean and healthy. bueller@btinternet.com
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaway :) my twitter is @tasha_b19 and my email address is tasha_16_uk@hotmail.com also liked the Facebook page too :) xx
ReplyDeleteI've been eyeing the B12 spray for a while but I've been trying to get all my ducks in a row health and exercise wise first-I'd love to try it! calraigh@gmail.com @Calraigh
ReplyDeleteSounds fab!! joanne29_7@hotmail.co.uk
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely! Very interested in trying the b12 spray
ReplyDeletelh861@york.ac.uk
Sounds just what I need after two weeks of a horrid lurgy I can't seem to shake off...
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaway again, Lady H!
slinkypony66@gmail.com
Thanks Mo x
Great tips and what a nice giveaway!
ReplyDelete@scentedpapers
I would love to win! I know this spray has been one of your top recommendations for over a year, and I spent last Sunday evening compiling a list of Lady Hirons musthaves from all of your blog posts. This B12 spray is one of my must-tries!
ReplyDeleteTracy Costello on Facebook, and tracycostello75@aol.co.uk email
Thanks for the interview!
ReplyDeleteWould be grateful to be a winner.
8bowen@gmail.com
Very helpful and amazing product!
ReplyDelete@raee_O_sunshine
Look forward to be able to try this product. I already both Omorovicza mask and ceramic cleanser by Sunday Railey
ReplyDeleteLook forward to try this miracle ;)
ReplyDeleteWahhh This looks amazing! Would love to win this!
ReplyDeleteTwitter- chelsaymwuah
Email- chelsayx@hotmail.co.uk
Thank you for this post also! & the giveaway opportunity!!!
xxx
Pick me me.... @faith_m01
ReplyDeleteTwitter handle is: @kitschyanna. Definitely need that B12 spray!
ReplyDeletegreat article. laura.forster83@yahoo.co.uk
ReplyDeletek
ReplyDeleteI was eating my Daily slice of toast whilst reading this Caroline!!!I really need this Giveaway ASAP!Love your blog!x
ReplyDeleteGreat post and competition!
ReplyDeleteidaida9 on Twitter, lovebeams@outlook.com
Thanks for the great giveaway. My Twitter handle is @evarol
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great giveaway.
ReplyDeleteMy Twitter handle is @evarol
I would love to win as my "Get up and go" got up and left. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI am @preetisundaram on twitter & instagram, preetisundaram@gmail.com.
P.S - Please expect a whole bunch of queries coming your way. I recently found your blog via pixiwoo and have been catching up on all your entries since the very beginning. I even have a "Caroline says yes/no" list for when I replenish my skincare products. Also, thank you so much for doing what you do. I find that there are bazillions of blogs/vlogs etc dedicated to cosmetics but few that involve skincare, and even fewer that skip all the hype and talk straight like you do. So thank you again. Best wishes from India.
Thank you for such a great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteTammy
tam_tammy@hotmail.com
Sounds gooood
ReplyDeleteGrace_619@hotmail.co.uk :) x
Sounds great- would love to give it a try!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Grace_619@hotmail.co.uk
xx
Sounds great ! Unfortunately I don't live in UK..
ReplyDeleteBut I have a question: are these supplements ok during pregnancy ?
Thanks a lot !
Sounds great ! Unfortunately I don't live in UK... :(
ReplyDeleteBut I have a question: are these supplements suitable during pregnancy ?
Thanks a lot !
Oooh what a great giveaway, I have "liked" and would love to win this. alisonh222@gmail.com. Ali.
ReplyDeleteThank you for being to loveliest beauty blogger!
ReplyDeleteZara
zara_nahalian@hotmail.com
or
@xXMisszaraXx
xxx
Awesome giveaway and great interview - love the tips!
ReplyDeleteTwitter: @Sophelina
xx
Awesome giveaway - and great interview and tips!
ReplyDeleteTwitter: @Sophelina
Xx
This giveaway sounds fantastic!
ReplyDeletejinbl14@gmail.com
@jinbl14
I'd love to win this spray, the lack of sleep with a newborn is catching up and a nice refreshing spray would be great throughout the day. tracymccartney@live.com stylestyle78
ReplyDeleteWhat I'd give to pick his brains! I wonder if he's got any tips for keeping up water intake, I've recently lost a lot of weight but it's the one thing that I just don't have the motivation for. I'll drink a ton of it in the morning before/during/after working out but after I've cooled down it slips my memory completely. Just need an evian-shaped boot up the bum maybe...
ReplyDeleteAmazingly written post by the way, ususally interviews are hard to follow. Hope you're having a lovely weekend despite the crappy weather. :)
(not entering giveaway, don't use facebook. :P)
Hope am not late for this. Am always a winner!
ReplyDeleteSounds just what I need to help me get through the stress of the day!
ReplyDeleteSharon Hill shill64@hotmail.co.uk
Sounds just what I need to help me get through the stress of the day!
ReplyDeleteSharon Hill shill64@hotmail.co.uk
Hi Caroline,
ReplyDeleteAny chance i can ask a quick question i'm desperate for any advice.
The proactive 3 step solution - yes or no
I'm 30yrs old i have had acne since i was 15. I took roaccutane with amazing results but it came back after 2 years.
Thank you x
I'd love to try this so much! I really do need to give up the energy drinks, but sometimes you do really need the pick me up...
ReplyDeletealex.radford@live.co.uk
It's so hard for me to stop eating bread, but I actually feel better without it. I noticed that following healthy diet rules and exercising daily makes me happy. People like David keep me motivated.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this giveaway!
maquessta.blog@gmail.com
Fingers crossed. @caaroline/n.caroline23@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteThis sounds fab!
ReplyDelete@Beauty_Balm
Nice collaboration :) David Kirsch is brilliant! His Super Charged Greens Blend has been working wonders for me & definitely helps on those days where I don't get time to consume my full 5-a-day, and I'm feeling a bit sluggish. I'd love to try the B12 spray, just hope I don't get *too* addicted!
ReplyDeleteNice collaboration! :) David Kirsch is brilliant. His Super Charged Greens Blend has worked wonders for me & definitely has helped beat the sluggishness during stressful times where I don't have time to exercise much or get my 5-a-day. The B12 sounds wonderful...just hope I don't get too addicted as well!
ReplyDeletethegirlfromlondon@hotmail.com
Nice collaboration! :) David Kirsch is brilliant. His Super Charged Greens Blend has worked wonders for me & definitely has helped beat the sluggishness during stressful times where I don't have time to exercise much or get my 5-a-day. The B12 sounds wonderful...just hope I don't get too addicted as well!
ReplyDeletethegirlfromlondon@hotmail.com
@KayGG
ReplyDelete:)
Kayleigh Gillett
As theres no summer holiday on the cards this year i could do with a pick me up! Count me in! Leylajasminecaglar@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaway, I've liked David Kirsch on Facebook.
ReplyDeletestyleandthecityuk@gmail.com
Definitely will bear these tips in mind. Thank you! @RosieGannon, rosiegannon@hotmail.co.uk
ReplyDeleteWill definitely keep these tips in mind! @RosieGannon rosiegannon@hotmail.co.uk
ReplyDeleteLove the sound of this spray. Love that he included 'Be happy' as a top tip! My twitter handle is @LouiseHartrey / louloumuses@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteworth a try, looks good @loucon84
ReplyDeleteworth a try, sounds good @loucon84
ReplyDeleteI'd love love love to win one of these! arleneroche@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for these crucial tips. I feel better when I eat healthier, no wine, no bread, less sugar and many vegetables. I love your blog. Thanks
ReplyDeleteThanks for this! culeaze@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for this! culeaze@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks - everyone seems agreed about smoking being terrible for you, glad I gave up!
ReplyDelete@kissesformilly
Thanks - everyone seems agreed about the ills of smoking, glad I gave up!
ReplyDelete@kissesformilly
Thanks - everyone seems agreed about smoking being terrible for you, glad I gave up!
ReplyDelete@kissesformilly
I need him as my trainer!
ReplyDelete@stiperstones
Having hit 40 being healthy and strong is becoming more important - I've stage 4 endometriosis and being fit and strong is beyond important.
ReplyDelete@miffy101
This David Kirsch's B12 spray seems like an answer to my prayers for something natural that would give you a boost when you need it most while hiking. I'm going to Dolomites next month (and my fitness level isn't amazing), and was pondering whether to get some energy tablets (glucose and caffeine) or stock up on choccy bars (loads of sugar). This spray would be just a God send :).
ReplyDeletebasiambiskupiak@googlemail.com
Basia
i would love to win this great advice @mrsgrainnet
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDeletesarah_ely@hotmail.co.uk
Love these tips!
ReplyDeleteirf.7@hotmail.com
great advice! :)
ReplyDelete@alicewojcik
@janeypopz
ReplyDeleteGreat tips!
Mid afternoon booster would be a God send.
ReplyDelete@LucyDavis6
Great giveaway idea, hope I`ll be lucky :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for this helpful tips, I really want to start over trying to include in my daily program at least half of them for the beginning. Congrats for those who have this lifestyle
I know this is unrelated, but I would LOVE to see a post on acne scarring from you - I've finally got my acne under control but I have lots of red scars on my cheeks. I'm using Trilogy Rosehip Oil at night as well as Peptabright but I'm not noticing much of a change. Any tips? Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great giveaway! I've always wished I could have my own personal David clone to help me get my arse in gear every day haha!
ReplyDelete@NathalieFraser
xxx
Ohhhh would love to try these to help with the diet aspect of things...why is exercising so much easier than healthy eating!! juli333_zhang@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteLoved these tips. I definitely need to incorporate more exercise into my day.
ReplyDeleteagnesneal16@gmail.com
HI, I would love to try it if it safe to use for breasfeeding mum:) @nieesia25
ReplyDeleteSmokers baffle me! How do people who are aware of the HUGE dangers still chose to ingest all of that poison, ew. Would love to win the giveaway, fingers crossed! chstcz@gmail.com/ @cherryczerkas
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaway! :-)
ReplyDeleteemmabrooke17@gmail.com
Am doing really well on my diet dropping two and a half stone. Need to up my exercise now! Would love to win the giveaway. Thanks for the chance.
ReplyDeletesharon_peters123@hotmail.co.uk
Ooh yes please, count me in. Liked on facebook and email is helsbrownie@hotmail.com.
ReplyDeleteThanks Caroline x
I'd love to try some of his products! Liked on fb.
ReplyDeleteasteritta@yahoo.com
Thanks x
Fabby give away, would love to try these! Have liked on fb
ReplyDeletegail.h.anderson@gmail.com
xxx
Fabby give away, would love to try these! Have liked on fb.
ReplyDeletegail.h.anderson@gmail.com
Thanks xxxxx
Great giveaway and tips! I would love to try some of David's products. I will be taking his advice in the meantime :-) Have liked on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteGreat tips and advice! I would love to try some of David's products :-)
ReplyDeleteCant wait to try! Have liked on FB
ReplyDeleteruba.audeh@gmail.com
Thanks!
Ruba
Would really like to try - have liked on FB.
ReplyDeletemarianne.magennis@zen.co.uk
Thanks, Marianne
Sounds amazing, I have liked!
ReplyDeletes_martin333@hotmail.co.uk
@SM__Photography
I'm interested in adding your vitamin routine to my own teenaged children's
ReplyDeletediet and of course my own diet as well. I'm especially interested in the daily cleanse of which you made mention.
Hope to see clearer skin in them. They both have mild acne.
Wenz.
Great tips and wanted to add my own 2 cents on smoking increasing WRINKLES! Yes, smoking will slightly increase your metabolism and suppress appetite but at what expense? Lung cancer and other health issues! But another devil of smoking that some ladies don't realize is that it INCREASES wrinkles. Female smokers always come up to me asking how to reduce wrinkles? Step one...put down the CIGS sis.
ReplyDeletekaren scammell
ReplyDeletetwannywun at hotmail dot com
HUGE fan of David Kirsch products! Haven't tried this spray yet, so would love to give them a go.
ReplyDeleteTwitter: EllaEaton
E-Mail: ellaeaton@me.com
Would love to win this it would make a change from popping vitamin pills of a morning @yeayme
ReplyDeleteWow, how lovely! I'd really like this a lot, specially as I'm doing the 5:2 thing and feeling in the need of a propping up. @subhmilis
ReplyDeleteI'd love win this since I started healthy eating 2 months ago. I am experimenting supplements. I already tried DK 2 days detox and I'm curious about B12 spray:)
ReplyDeleteIpek Olcucu / olcucu@gmail.com / @ipek_o
I need this little holiday in a bottle!! absolute lifesaver!! Thank youuu :)
ReplyDeleteannajolly@yahoo.de
Never heard of David Kirsch if I'm totally honest but B12 spray sounds very intriguing!
ReplyDelete@bbutterflyblog
j.hewitt4468@gmail.com
Jade
Ooowww, I hope I win :-)
ReplyDeletestefaniemallinson@hotmail.co.uk
Ooowww, I hope I win :-)
ReplyDeletestefaniemallinson@hotmail.co.uk
Ooowww, I hope I win :-)
ReplyDeletestefaniemallinson@hotmail.co.uk
Oh! I had never heard of him before! Hit's the spot as I'm trying to get a bit fitter!
ReplyDeleteTwitter: janne_marii
Oh! I had never heard of him before! Hit's the spot as I'm trying to get a bit fitter!
ReplyDeleteTwitter: janne_marii
Very easy and helpful tips. Especially for people with busy schedules. :)
ReplyDelete@madaramiau
Love David's enthusiasm and simple, expert advice!
ReplyDelete