Ethos:
Omorovicza is made without:
- Parabens
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)
- Petrochemicals
- Silicones
- Sodium Laureth Sulfates
- Synthetic colors
- Synthetic fragrances
They do not test on animals and they do not retail in China at the time of this post.
What's in it?
Acerola, Apricot Seed Oil, Beeswax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Copper Gluconate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Jojoba Oil, Magnesium Aspartate, Moor Mud, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopherol, Virgin Plum Oil, Zinc Gluconate.
Acerola is plant based and hugely beneficial to the skin due to it's high vitamin C content. Copper, magnesium, zinc, calcium, selenium and manganese all form Omorovicza's patented Mineral Cosmetology and are used throughout the range to soothe, repair, neutralise free radicals, support the skin's infrastructure and promote cell regeneration. Sweet Almond Oil cleanses without stripping and Hungarian Moor Mud removes impurities and decongests pores.
What's good about it?
Unlike some cleansers, you feel the benefits on the skin when you use this. It is very clearly full of 'good' ingredients and the skin is left feeling very calm and hydrated. It feels like a treatment.
It's perfect for a second cleanse in the evening or a quick cleanse in the mornings.
What's bad about it?
It's not cheap. And if I had to use it to remove my makeup I would need to use too much to warrant the price. For that reason I tend to 'save' it and use it as previously mentioned. It may sound silly but it feels almost too good to use on a first cleanse.
Verdict:
I love this cleanser. I use it as a treatment cleanser when my skin is in need of help - whether because of acne breakouts, redness or just looking a little dull. It's a perfect morning after cleanser if you have over-indulged the night before - it feels deeply cleansing without stripping. I have friends that use it as their cleanser of choice - as I mentioned before, I wouldn't use it as an everyday makeup removal cleanser - I'll stick to my oil remover and then go in with this - I want the properties of this to hit my skin, not remove my makeup.
Perfect for a slightly older skin that needs a boost.
Packaging: 4/5 - glass pot - which seems to be appropriate for the ingredients - I couldn't picture this in a tube
Texture: 4/5 - works across the skin very nicely, non-foaming (joy) and absorbs slightly on application due to the clay - which I love
Performance: - 4/5 - does what it says on the box
After effects on the skin: - soft, comfortable, clean, cool and calm
Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm is £46.00 for 50ml and is available from omorovicza.com
*PR Sample

This sounds like something to add to my 'to try when I am older and richer list' ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd also really like to try their clay mask that I heard about from Ruth, sounds like a super-mask! but it is also something to add to the above list!
xo
£46.00 for 50ml, well, I would prefer Emma Hardie
ReplyDeleteSounds great but OUCH at that price tag! I am going on holiday soon and will be using the Alpha H Daily Essentials Moisturiser SPF50 as my sun screen - how can I ensure I get this all off at night? Do I need an oil cleanser? Would prefer not to spend more than £20/25 as the holiday itself has stolen all my money....!! I have oily/combo skin, acne prone. Thanks Caroline! X
ReplyDeleteYes you need a decent oily cleanser - try Suti Cleansing Balm.
DeleteOh wow sounds lovely, thank you! Do you think a product like this would make my skin 'purge' a little on first use? Really want to have good skin for my holiday!! x
DeleteNo it shouldn't - you can also try the alpha h age delay cleansing balm - it does have beeswax in it but I'm using it with no breakouts yet!
DeleteI have really gotten into balm cleansers, how do you like the REN No.1 Purity Balm(Or whatever the name is?) - If you have tried it? :)
ReplyDeleteIt's ok - I'm not obsessed with it. It slightly stings my eyes.
DeleteI got a sample of this from Sephora, and I was going to ask for a review or if you had any info on it.
ReplyDeleteThe one time I've used it so far (trying to conserve the tiny sample), I felt I looked *radiant*! I'm glad to read that I wasn't just imagining it.
It is really very expensive, though. Sephora is selling it for $102 in the US. eep!
Thank you! :-)
I realllllyy wanted to try this out but it was just a bit out of my budget, I went for Oskia's perfect cleanser as well as I've heard good things about it. Any thoughts on it?
ReplyDeleteYep I've reviewed it on here. I love it.
DeleteI use this as a 2nd cleanse too. Love how easily it melts onto the skin and moves around. (if you know what I mean) I love the points system of thier online store, pengo points.
ReplyDeleteThank u for this review Caroline, just wanted to let us readers that the code for a free sample of this on sephora is luxeskin .
ReplyDeleteThank you for the sample code information. Much appreciated.
DeleteMy pleasure, you do so much for us Caroline, the least we can do is share the little we know, jen
DeleteOhhh this sounds quite exquisite!
ReplyDelete'I want the properties of this to hit my skin, not remove my makeup.' - very good point!
Nic x
I'd genuinely feel like I was wasting it if I used for removal of slap!
DeleteOh, i forgot to say u have to spend 25 dollars for the luxeskin coupon to work.
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of this but I was wondering if anybody could recomend a cleansing oil that won't clog pores to use before this on days that I have make up & sunblock on as Caroline wouldn't recomend this purely as a make up cleanser?
ReplyDeleteEmma Hardie, Vaishaly, REN, Oskia - any good non-mineral oil cleanser! :)
DeleteOmorovicza had a special and I purchased two jars. The investment was worth it in because of the ingredients, cleansing properties and effects on my skin. Breakouts, dry patches and skin sensitivity are under control with the balm. I cleanse with oil first and always and use the thermal balm at least once every other day. I also use P50V and still am amazed by the exfoliating and resurfacing effects.
ReplyDeleteAll of my skin care products were and will continue to be based on your recommendations because of your unbiased reviews. The cheat sheets are invaluable because skin behavior changes. It is a gift to have an epert's expert to rely on as a guide to the best skin care maintenance and products. I can't thank you enough!
Ah thank you so much - you're very welcome!!!
DeleteIt sounds amazing and I completely understand why you save this for a second cleanse. I'm glad there's no shame in using something as a 'morning after cleanser', as I just wrote about doing this. I didn't want you coming after me for not cleansing, I bought in more Bioderma so I could do an addled cleanse without wipes, but balms feel SO good on hungover skin!
ReplyDeleteYou can have my Bioderma if you like - I'm over it. Takes forever, doesn't clean quickly enough and WHO HAS THE TIME JANE WHO?????
Delete:)
Genuinely, I think Bioderma is best suited for MUAs. But for my wine nights, it's a more sensible approach than pulling out the baby wipes ;). I suspect I must experience the cleansing equivalent of the booze skates too! Nothing will ever beat a cleanser I can take off with my flannels though.
DeleteHi Caroline! I love your blog! I have learnt so much about my skin and what it wants! I would love some advice on my skincare routine and wondered wether you are planning on doing another clinic soon?
ReplyDeleteThank you
Melissa x
Later today! :)
DeleteGreat review, looks like something to add to the Birthday wish list!
ReplyDeleteI tried a sample and LOVED IT! Added to my wish list for the X-mas holidays and hope Santa delivers ;)
ReplyDelete