Finally - FINALLY - Kate Somerville is shipping her amazingness to our very shores. I'm always asked for specific recommendations - but in all honesty its kind of hard to go wrong with this range. (Before it comes up - the KS range has 'foaming' cleansers - the Gentle one is SLS-free)
Some of my favourites:
Line Release Eye Cream - beautiful, beautiful, beautiful product. Over 30/35? This is for you.
Deep Tissue Repair - plumps, rehydrates, smooths wrinkles - lush.
Oil Free Moisturiser - water-based, brilliant hydrating - the Gold Standard of moisturiser for the truly oily skins.
![]() |
| 1.7 oz |
Nourish Daily Moisturiser - pretty much a perfect 'go-to' staple for everyone. And another great thing about the KS brand? They make Luxury (salon) sizes available to the public like this:
![]() |
| 5 oz |
..with a proper value saving.
And finally:
When in doubt 'go Goat'. This is listed as for dry/sensitive but is also brilliant for acne. Everyone I recommend this to loves it. Literally.
As an aside - I am frequently asked for book recommendations on skin (blog post coming) etc - this one is very good:
It'll cost you less than £20 - stick it in your basket before you checkout.
Welcome back!








I'm excited for you in the UK!!:) But how about Germany and the rest of the EU?Fingers crossed...Until then I will rely on my Alpha H Essential Hydration Cream. xxx Anna
ReplyDeleteI agree, Anna. Germany would be great or at least if we could purchase the items in the UK and let them ship. But there will be the day when we can order it here. As you said: fingers crossed. :)
DeleteTina xoxo
hmm...at least you girls can hope, coz us in Belgium (tiny little nobody cares Belgium) can forget about having it in here, Im afraid...
DeleteI guess a trip to London will be in order:-)
Oh you have no idea how happy this makes me, it was only yesterday i was telling my friend about how Kate Somerville is possibly the only product thats actually worked on my acne but how its only in the states :( BUT YAY its coming back to the UK!!!!! finally!!!
ReplyDeleteJust ordered the Goat Milk which I am rather excited about and reordering P50 - expensive day :) can I just say for anybody that is thinking of purchasing the P50 and put off by the price, I ordered my last one when it first came out in Liberty's (end of Jan I think!) and it has only just ran out! At first I was using it twice a day but after about 2 months I bought the pixi glow tonic and only used it on the evenings, so it definitely worth shelling out the initial £50.
ReplyDeletexx
I just bought the P50 this summer and it's truly amazing. I've had other exfoliating "toners", even the Pixi, but nothing compares to the P50. Kicked my congestion in the ass. I also use it at evenings and then the Pixi Glow tonic in the mornings.
DeleteWhere can i get the P50 from? I live in the Uk. Really want to try this :-)
DeleteI totally agree with you :)I would love to try the P50 with the phenol to see what the difference is but I don't think its possible to get my hands on! x
DeleteHi Claire, I ordered mine online from Libertys :) x
DeleteI bought mine at Liberty's in London. I think you can order from them, but you have to call the store. It's 52 GBP though, but worth it. I'm going to Paris in a month. Thought I would pop into the biologique recherche salon and buy another bottle there. Does anyone know the price of it in France? Is it cheaper?
DeleteI also really want to try the version with the phenol. Might try and get a hold of it... I know a way ;)
Sounds promising, you will have to let us all know if you manage to get hold of any, I really want to try it! :)
DeleteIf anyone is wondering the conversion rate for the Goats Milk it's come through as £44.73 which included shipping costs!
x
Hi wonderful Caroline :)
ReplyDeleteI eat every word you write, and you're such a great person, so thank you for this blog (it's nice to be taking seriously when skincare is talked about)!
. I come from Denmark and I am soon going to NY with my mom, and I have saved some money for products. WHICH ones you do prefer and where can i buy them the cheapest?
My skintype is a little sensitve, but i am taking very good of my skin and i'm loving the Emma Hardie you recommend.
Love your blog, thanks again :) Love Nanna
There's no MO in it?
ReplyDeleteIt's a nice texture - slightly thicker than Nourish but absorbs well.
A Very Big Yeah ! I can finally get my paws on the very elusive Goat Milk. She says skipping to the checkout, card in hand. Thanks. Xxx
ReplyDeleteI've hear the Goat Milk cream is really amazing, I can't wait to try it.
ReplyDeleteIf you guys are interested my best friend and I recently started a beauty blog and we would appreciate any advice.
erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca
Congrats UK ladies! Goat Milk will be the next thing I pick up. I feel like it will work well for my combo oily acne prone skin. I'm being Hironsized hehe.
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline, I currently use the KS oil free moisturizer and love it. I have oily, dehydrated skin that can sometimes be sensitive with the occasional acne breakout. Can I also incorporate the goat milk moisturizer into my routine? Will it make my face too oily?
ReplyDeleteThanks and you are the best.
Goat milk will be good for your acne but you may want to start with the Oil-Free. Also amazing.
DeleteThanks for inflating my Sephora wish list. :) I've not had anything beyond a few cleanser sample packets, so I'm glad to see your recommendations!
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline
ReplyDeleteI am 37yo and have clogged pores, blackheads and acne breakouts. I have been using products that you have recommended but not seeing to many benefits. Here are my routines....
AM
Ceramic slip or REN clear calm cleansers
P50
REN moisture mist
PTR aha/bha acne clearing gel
Eysilix
Hydroluron
Skincueticals oil free moisturizer
PM
EH balm
Ceramic slip or REN
P50
REN moisture mist
Clarins Lotus oil
KS goat milk
2x a week I use liquid gold and I use origins clear improvement active charcoal mask 2x a week too not on LG nights. Please help I feel like I am 13 with all these issues. Wanting my skin to look somewhat decent I am going to my 20 year high school reunion and have lost 55 pounds and don't want to be the girl that looks great win bad skin.
Hi Heather. What about your diet/stress levels? Are you supplementing at all?
DeleteTry leaving out the PTR and only P50'ing in the evenings.
Thanks so much for your reply. I am on a low carb high protein diet right now to get to my goal weight. I don't do a lot of dairy. Don't have to much stress. Yes I do take fish oil 2 1100mg caplets. Is there anything else I should be using that you would recommend?
DeleteI have very severe acne and oily skin and I've been wondering if I should try the goats milk cream, because I think my oily skin is because I've dried my skin out with acne products.
ReplyDeleteMana
Fashion and Happy Things
Try the Oil Free Moisturiser. Lovely.
DeleteStill so sad I can't get it in Norway... I'm seriously lusting after the goat milk. Looks great.
ReplyDeleteBTW, Caroline, do you have any thoughts about the Nourish skin care line? I think the woman behind it used to work for Niels Yard. I love their argan skin renew moisturiser which is a feelunique exclusive.
Yay! Can't wait to try the Goats Milk cream :) Thank you Caroline! x
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous, what about Ireland? I need the Goat Milk in my life or at least on my face!
ReplyDeleteYay! I really want to try the Goat Milk moisturiser! Do you think it is the best one for oily acne prone skin with hyperpigmentation or is there a better one for my skin?
ReplyDeleteSeaside Beauty
xxx
This is great news. I need a new eye cream. Does anybody know what the shipping cost is. I had a look at website and all prices still show as $! Also can somebody or Caroline if she has time to reply please let me know if this brand is better for anti-aging & nourishing than Omorvicza. Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteYes it is. Higher tech. You probably pay in dollars.
DeleteCaroline-- would love to hear what you think of ExfoliKate! xxx
ReplyDeleteMe too! I have used it before finding Caroline's blog full of wisdom. I knew nothing about Kate Sommerville ( and still really don't ) before purchasing the exfolikate. I would love to know what Caroline thinks of that. Caroline, if I am using a liquid exfoliator like Clarins brightening peel, would I still need to use an abrasive exfoliator?
DeleteMrs. Hirons. I've said it before and I will say it again, your blog has literally saved my face. LITERALLY. I truly can not thank you enough for your time, effort and wisdom that is your blog. She says through tears of joy:) Don't ever stop helping people. Because of you, lives are being changed. Period.
DeleteI was going to ask the same question about ExfoliKate - I've always avoided purchasing it when I'm back home as it's so expensive.
DeleteIf you're using chemical exfoliators you don't need Exfolikate - the gentle one (green one) is always a good way of trying it first.
DeleteHi Caroline, it's any of KS products above not suitable for pregnant women? Thanks! Xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline is any of the KS products you mentioned above not suitable for pregnant women? Thanks xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline, it's any of KS products above not suitable for pregnant women? Thanks! Xxx
ReplyDeleteAll of the ones I've shown are fine - there may be the odd one with Vit A but it will say on the site - don't worry. X
DeleteThis is d first time I receive a reply from u, I'm so excited and thankful. I have had. Quick look the nourish daily moisturiser contains vit A, so I'm a bit scared to touch on that, I will go for oil free one for now:-) thanks a lot Caroline xxx
DeleteOh my god! Oh my god!! Oh my GOD!!! Best news EVER!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been "meh" about my moisturizers and wondering what to try next. The oil free or the goats milk sound great... maybe BOTH! Thank you Caroline. XOXO
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a brand I need to venture into. Have you or anyone here used the brand This Works - specifically the No Wrinkles line?
ReplyDeleteCaroline, I used to use the Shu Uemura cleansing oils pretty religously to remove makeup before I found out they had mineral oil in them. What cleansing oils should I use now?? For some reason I really do prefer an oil as opposed to a balm to remove that first layer of gunky old makeup... Happy to go in with a balm afterwards. WHAT OILS DO I USE???
ReplyDeleteThank you <3 love your blog
I use the Una Brennan pre-cleanse oil, and i believe Caroline does too. It is excellent for removing make up and makes my skin feel gorgeous! Then i go in for a 2nd cleanse with one of several depending on what my skin needs......ceramic slip/emma hardie/clarins comfort cream/Ren cleansing milk/balance me cleanser
DeleteThanks Alex.. Yes I have the Uni Brennan pre-cleanse oil but it is SO small. It comes in a 30ml bottle! I need a bigger cleansing oil than that.
DeleteI think the mac and bobbi brown cleansing oils are mineral oil free... I guess I'll go for those.
Mac is mineral oil free and comes in a 150ml bottle!! I haven't used it though, so i can't comment. The Una Brennan is fine for me because i don't wear make up very often.
DeleteOrdered the Goats Milk Moisturiser. So excited they deliver to the UK now :D
ReplyDeleteCaroline please can you recommend a 2nd cleanse / morning cleanse to use after emma hardy cleansing balm for dehydrated skin :]
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline, I have oily problematic skin, would you recommend ExfoliKate for me? I really want to try it but not sure if It would benefit me much.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Mireya
http://mireyaloves.blogspot.com/
Caroline, we read your blog every day. Before finding your blog I (Dee) have been totally in the dark when it comes to skincare. I have had so many sales people and beauticians tell my conflicting information and my skin has suffered from it. I can't wait to use this new information to really get a good skincare routine. My skin and I sincerely thank you.
ReplyDeleteLove Dee
Very exciting. I feel an idiot as I was in Sephora in LA recently - I wanted to buy the goat milk but she obviously didn't like the brand and talked me out of it and I felt too embarassed to directly contradict her advice! I should have stuck to my guns!
ReplyDeleteI have sensitive, dehydrated skin (I'm 42) and I'm currently using the Zelens moisture infusion which I like a lot but I got told at a facial that my skin is still horribly dehydrated. Do you think the Goat Milk is better?
Bless you for being polite! I'm terrible for arguing with store and counter staff. I once had to sternly voice to a pushy sales assistant that an Eve Lom cleanser is NOT a good alternative to Emma Hardie cleansing balm - come on, now!
DeleteIf you are based in the US and can't get hold of Hydraluron then you could try Kate Somerville's Quench Hydrating Face Serum (fragrance free and preservative free) as an, albeit more expensive, alternative.
Hi Flic - Crazy isn't it! I'm more than old enough to get tougher! I'm actually in the UK. I've got the Hydraluron but weirdly find that the Caudilie SOS serum works better for my skin. I'll have a look into the Quench - thank you!
DeleteJust hoping Caroline has a second to answer my query regarding the moisturisers.
Try the Goat Milk. And Darphin Intral toner would be nice.
DeleteThanks so much. I can't wait to give it a go!
DeleteI don't think it's crazy! Some beauty counter/department store staff can be really intimidating and/or snooty.
DeleteWhen I went to London, I thought that some of the Selfridges staff looked down their noses at people. I always feel like your hair, nails and makeup need to look perfect before going in anywhere like that or you'll be made to feel uncomfortable - like you're not rich or celebrity enough to buy their products!
In comparison, when I went to Liberty to buy some p50 (of course), the sales assistant who helped me find it was SO sweet! She said I had lovely skin (thank you, Caroline) so I told her all about this blog and the fabulousness of Hydraluron/Eyesillix and she wrote it all down. She wasn't in the least bit snobby and seemed genuinely interested in what a mere mortal like myself had to say.
I hope the Goat Milk helps with your dehydrated skin, Gina. All of the recommended products that I have bought have been amazing!
The Kate Somerville products sound great! Looking forward to trying the moisturisers. For the Aussie readers, you can purchase the products at Mecca Cosmetica (in store or online).
ReplyDeleteThat's great to know, thanks Rach!
DeleteThanks, that's great to know!
DeleteHi Caroline
ReplyDeleteDo you have an opinion on the Kate Somerville clarifying toner?
I would love to hear is anyone has used this.
Thank you, Tara
I like it.
DeleteHallelujah!!! I have been and ordered my Goat Milk cream already!!
ReplyDeleteHopefully it suits my skin.
I ordered my goat milk cream on 21st august and it arrived today (31st).
DeleteDoes anyone know of shipping costs and how long items take to get delivered to UK? Also how do they take payment? So Tempted! :)
ReplyDeletePlaced my order 2 days ago. Paid $15 for delivery. Used my ordinary debit card. Bank converted $$$ into £££, charged a non-sterling transaction fee of 2.75% of the transaction value plus a non-sterling purchase fee of £1.50. I guess all banks do it but rates may vary. Hope it helps x
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline,
ReplyDeletei'm seriously in the market for a new moisturiser. i was going to purchase the Zelens z matrix fusion after trying it and liking it, but perhaps the Goat Milk cream might be better?? please help!
I have very dehydrated, congested, uneven texture, very prone to clogging skin, and uneven skintone.
I use pretty much every product you have recommended - p50, emma hardie, hydraluron, ren clay cleanser etc. - and i supplement with fish oils.
would love your advice on which moisturiser to go for! x
Excited but a little reluctant to order again from the USA as got stung £11 customs charge when I ordered from Michael Todd
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline
ReplyDeleteI have just discovered your blog through Pixiwoo and I wanted to say how knowledgable you are about skin care and products. I am always searching for the best products and you are helping me to pick the right ones. I just wanted to ask if you recommend using a neck cream (after a certain age !!) or do you think whatever night cream you are using at the time is okay for this. I am now reading your blog every day and love it. Thanks so much. X
Hello Caroline,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I wanted to say I just love your blog. Thank you so much for offering so much of your time and wisdom with no fee to your audience. You are such a beautiful person inside and out.
I was wondering if the Deep Tissue Repair Cream is worth the $$$, as it is quite expensive and if I am going to spend that kind of money I want to be sure there are not better products I could be putting my $ too.
Bec
Just thought I would reply to the ladies who are wanting to order this from Kate Somerville Website to be delivered to the UK. I ordered the Goat Milk Moisturiser on the 16th August and it still hasnt arrived (today being 4th Sep). I have emailed them twice with no reply and the accoutn i set up on their website has been deleted, so Im guessing its never going to arrive and they are happily skipping away with my £46. Just beware everyone!! xx
ReplyDeleteReally excited and tempted, however can anyone confirm whether we will be charged custom duties/charges?? that could make the difference for me as it is quite pricey..... thank you in advance for any replies!
ReplyDeleteHi. Just wanted to say that I ordered the Goat's Milk Cream on 23rd Aug and it arrived today via Yodel. There were no custom charges.
ReplyDeleteOh no! Another product that sounds amazing but that seems impossible to get in Ireland. Any ideas? /Eva
ReplyDeleteGot my oil-free moisturiser, and was assaulted by an awful smell. I returned it, telling the Sephora staff I got a rancid jar. We tried another one from the storage drawer, and it was the same! Another staff said that it does have an unpleasant scent (faintly of vomit, she said!!) I was sure they got a bad batch...but have read similar comments elsewhere online.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a particularly sensitive nose...the sales staff actually recoiled when I let them sniff the jar I returned.
I wrote to KS website asking how to identify the manufacturing date from the box/barcode. They said that I can't... hmph.
Back to Caudalie I guess :((
I was vey happy with the service here. The bald guy was very helpful. Thanks guys ill be back :) www.viabox.com
ReplyDeleteCould you try and source a goats milk based range from the UK? Desperate to try the Goat Milk moisturizer but don't fancy paying the massive shipping fee! Thanks x
ReplyDeletewhere can i buy kate somerville in uk? or any website which delivery in uk? thanks
ReplyDelete