I, like everyone, am on the perpetual search for the ultimate mascara - and whilst I don't think I'll ever stop trying new ones, I do have a few that I think are particularly brilliant. CODE Volumising Lengthening Mascara (VLM) is one of them.
It was made by two women who had tried everything on the market and found them all lacking in one element or another. CODE VLM is the result of their collaboration.
Unlike some mascaras I've tried recently that contain a lot of fibres - or even a separate application of fibres (personally a disaster for me), this is a smooth, creamy consistency that doesn't flake or smudge and almost as importantly to me as the performance, it washes off with ease. It's also paraben free and they don't test on animals.
CODE VLM premieres on QVC this afternoon at 4pm during Alison Young's show.
To celebrate CODE Beautiful have offered five mascaras to readers of this blog. Mighty generous from a small start-up.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED.
And good luck to Sarah on QVC!

Desperate to try this mascara! fingers crossed :) Thanks for the giveaway.Hayley x
ReplyDeletei would love a chance to try, this looks like a great mascara xxx
ReplyDeletehi, i would love a chance to try this, it looks like a great mascara xx
ReplyDeleteWow - thank you for this competition! I am always on the lookout for a good mascara too. Being north of 35, I need all the distractions away from my fine lines that I can get! Crossing fingers ....
ReplyDeleteOh I am always on the hunt for a great mascara but I can never find one that really ticks all the boxes. Would love to try this one!
ReplyDeleteooh hello mascara of dreams. I'd love to win this!
ReplyDeleteJust thought id take this opportunity on behalf of my face to thank you for your advice.
also my purse said something but it was sweary so i wont repeat it ;) haha.
My favourite mascara is running out - it's like fate!
ReplyDeleteVeep
@PrincessofVP
Oh hello mascara of dreams! i'd love to try this!
ReplyDeleteIve read your blog for a few years now and id like to take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of my face to thank you for the advice.
also my purse said something too but it was sweary so i wont repeat it ;) haha
erin x
I noticed this was on QVC am excited to see what it can do. Thank you as well Caroline for all your advice and words of wisdom. My skin thanks you too xx
ReplyDeleteeeek would love to try!
ReplyDeletebeautyh2t(at)gmail(dot)com xx
Oooh, sounds amazing! I would love to try it!
ReplyDeleteI'm always up for a new mascara!
ReplyDeletesounds awesome Caroline! And i agree very generous for a start up also :-)
ReplyDelete@fullafizzy
fconteh@gmx.com
I keep seeing people post about this, I am very intrigued! :)
ReplyDeleteStill on the search for my perfect mascara, could this be it?! Loving the more regular blog posts too, thanks! X
ReplyDeleteWould love to try this mascara. Always looking to find one that suits me.
ReplyDelete@Laurenn_S
x
Would love to give it a go)Running out of my previous mascara,which didn't tick all the boxes-again!
ReplyDeleteIf you say its good, i must try it! :)
ReplyDeleteI am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara, I'd love to try this one!
ReplyDeleteHas anyone else found that switching up mascaras helps with lash length? For instance, I bought Lancome's Hypnose. Loved it but when I next bough a tube didn't think much of it at all...thought maybe the formula had changed or I had gotten a dud. But realised its the same if I use, for example 2000 cal for too long. Same goes for shampoo...wonder if your skin/hair/lashes get used to one thing and it stops being as effective?
ReplyDeleteI'll try anything to stop me looking like a panda
ReplyDeletePlease stop me looking like a panda!
ReplyDeleteId love this!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this, but smudge proof and creamy?! Sound perfect to me! My current mascara is way to wet - such a drama getting ready in the morning!
ReplyDeletewww.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk
@ceejayell_
Ooooh I have not bought a new mascara in ages :) x
ReplyDeleteA mascara that doesn't flake or smudge.... I need this in my life!!
ReplyDeleteBling me up baby, Love these products.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this lovely competition. I'd love to try this mascara, it sounds like it would be perfect for my sensitive eyes as it is paraben free! xxx
ReplyDeleteBling me up baby, love these products.
ReplyDeleteA girl can never have too many mascaras. Would love to add CODE VLM to my collection.
ReplyDeletemissyogipatel@gmail.com
Would love the chance to try out this mascara. Its great knowing that there is a blog i can always go to for reliable skincare advice and product recommendations. Thanks Caroline.
ReplyDeletewould love to give this a go! :)
ReplyDeleteAmaltee
foxtale@gmx.de
Would love to try this mascara.
ReplyDeleteOoh yes please. This sounds too good to be true
ReplyDeleteOoh yes please. This sound too good to be true!
ReplyDeleteGreat prize, winning would be an early xmas present! :)
ReplyDeleteOooh yes please!
ReplyDeleteOoooh yes please!
ReplyDeleteI've been searching for the perfect mascara for 30 years. Please save me any further effort - let me win one of these!
ReplyDeleteWill tune in to QVC later to check this out
ReplyDeleteMascara!! Yes please!!! My fingers are crossed
ReplyDeleteMascara!! Yes please!! My fingers are crossed
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try this.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this Giveaway!! Sounds fantastic, i would looooove to try it! Xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Caroline for this Giveaway, sounds great! I would looove to try it! ;) xx
ReplyDeleteSerously thinking of cutting my partner's eyelashes off-they are exquisite (no fair)
ReplyDeleteWould love to try this. Great work as always Caroline x
ReplyDeleteOh yes please! Twitter @brighthair
ReplyDeleteI have blonde lashes and I look ill without mascara. This is not me being over the top either, my boss asks me without fail if I am feeling alright if he ever sees me without mascara or tells me I look like I'm coming down with something. It is always like this with everyone, so I am never, ever without a mascara. I would absolutely love to try the VLM mascara please! Thank you, Sophie (sophtaylor30@hotmail.com)
ReplyDeleteA chance to win a mascara that sounds AWESOME? Yes please Caroline!
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Faith - @musicneyeliner
I bloody LOVE mascara and like you, am constantly on the search for 'the one'. I've not found it yet, but maybe this could be it??
ReplyDeleteCheers, I could do with a new mascara!
ReplyDeleteWould LOVE to win this (I'm in the US though)...always looking for a clean mascara! I need to try this one. LOVE your blog.
ReplyDeletewould love to try this
ReplyDeleteThis sounds AWESOME! Thank you and fingers crossed :D
ReplyDeleteWould love to try it - the hunt is never ending!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't flake or smudge!! I'm sold one of the biggest bug bears with mascaras
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't flake or smudge!! I'm sold
ReplyDeleteMuch like you, I'm keen to find the perfect mascara too. Thanks for hosting this!
ReplyDeleteI read this post at about 4.40 pm and immediately turned on QVC, just in time for the presentation! It looks fabulous. Fingers crossed! ps Sarah done a great job explaining the mascara pps didn't Alison's hair look good?! twitter @jo_kates
ReplyDeleteThanks, that's very kind of you :-) Good luck! Sarah x
DeleteOoh I'd love a new mascara, mine always seem to smudge under my eyes or take oven cleaner to get off!
ReplyDeleteAmy x
Fantastic, thanks!
ReplyDeletealways ready to try a new mascara
ReplyDeleteSounds brilliant, yes please!
ReplyDeleteYes please!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I do love a mascara. Fingers crossed. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks very interesting. Love to try it
ReplyDeleteEye opener, easy to remove, paraben free, yes please @minibtweet
ReplyDeleteMy problem always seems to be fallout after a few hours of wear. Really curious about this new brand!
ReplyDeleteSounds good. As a contact lense wearer, the fibrous mascaras are bad!
ReplyDeleteHey Gina, I'm also a contact lens wearer and was worried about fibres so we added a sealing agent to hold them in place and my eyes are so sensitive too - it's fab for me all day long even when I'm tired and rubbing my eyes! Good luck, Sarah x
DeleteSounds good! Fibrous mascaras are bad for contact lens wearers like me
ReplyDeleteOooh would love to be entered please
ReplyDeleteWould love to be entered please and thank you
ReplyDeleteOooh would love to be entered please
ReplyDeleteHello! Would this work well on my short, straight and downward pointing eyelashes?
ReplyDeleteHey! I'm Sarah the - Co founder of CODE Beautiful, Kirsti my business partner has really short lashes and has lost some over the last few years, so when we were designing the product we made sure that it was amazing for those with shorter lashes too. It's a fibre based product so if you use the 'roots, wriggle, roll' technique it will deposit the majority of the product at the root when you give it a wriggle and the roll will lengthen and separate you lashes. Good luck! Sarah x
DeleteI actually need a new mascara, I've only got 5 on the go at the mo............soooooo good timing :)
ReplyDeleteI actually need a new mascara, I've only got 5 on the go at the mo............soooooo good timing :)
ReplyDeleteBring it on! :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh sounds good Hopefully long lashes with no irratation xxx
ReplyDeleteThis sounds great!
ReplyDeleteSounds great long lashes no irratation xx
ReplyDeleteSounds fantastic, would love to try!
ReplyDeleteSounds fantastic, would love to try!
ReplyDeleteNo matter how bad my skin is, mascara can always make my eyes look better x
ReplyDeleteYeah very curious
ReplyDeleteI think even if I find the perfect mascara I won't know it - the grass is always greener with mascara!
ReplyDeleteOoh yes please!! Sounds great xx
ReplyDeleteOoh yes please, sounds great
ReplyDeleteI really struggle with mascara, nothing seems to work very well on my short stubby lashes so I would love to give this a try.
ReplyDeleteAh, looks amazing
ReplyDeleteAh, looks amazing
ReplyDeleteX x x x x
ReplyDeleteNeed a new mascara, looks fab!
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me, I must invoke the 6 month rule on my mascaras, I've got about 25 and I'm sure some of them must be hitting 10 times that age - yew!
ReplyDeleteHey Joanne! I just nearly fell off my chair, please don't keep a mascara for that long! it's not hygienic you really should be changing them every 6 weeks (before I learnt this I used to keep mine for around a year.. but never again) Have a good clear out. Good luck with the comp :-) Sarah x
DeleteThey're like foundations, never quite find perfection, an endless search.....
ReplyDeleteDear Caroline, I have to say this is The Very First time I have ever commented on a blog EVER. bit scared really.....I love your blog so much since I found it a couple of months back and I am trying lots of your skincare recommendations to great effect, and causing my hubby to roll his eyes even more when I say I have to get a new cream! Ha ha. Any way, mascara is another of my passions and I really didn't need to see another one that's supposed to be the ONE! It sounds amaze balls anyway, so my other 5 or 6 are going to have to accept there could be a new kid in the drawer!!! Emma (lacey628@btinternet.com )
ReplyDeleteWould love to give this a try! Looks great.
ReplyDeletesounds like a pretty brillant product.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try this mascara xxx
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that they don't test on animals! It would be amazing to win, I'm always looking to try a new mascara!
ReplyDeleteAs a Makeup artist always looking out for that one amazing mascara
ReplyDeleteI always love trying new mascaras!
ReplyDeleteI always love trying new mascaras!
ReplyDeleteI'm always searching for a better mascara - this one sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds interesting. I've been looking for a good mascara that's easy to get off as I usually struggle to remove them completely, no matter which remover I use. Most mascaras flake on me too, so an easily removable non flaking one sounds exciting.
ReplyDeleteAlways on the lookout for the perfect mascara. Thank you, Caroline! xx
ReplyDeleteLove the no parabens, no testing on animals and the lovely packaging!
ReplyDeleteOooo I'd love to try that!
ReplyDeleteElla
I would LOVE to give this a try!!
ReplyDeleteI love guerlain maxi lash at the moment and running out. Wld love to try a new one, paraben-free so I can feel smug. Pick me!
ReplyDeleteI am loving guerlain maxi lash at the mo on a recommendation but running out. Keen to try a new paraben-free mascara so I can feel smug!
ReplyDeleteMy collection of mascaras urge a newcomer! I'd love xoxo Thank you Caroline
ReplyDeleteMy collection of mascaras urge a newcomer...they feel lonely! I'd love. Thank you Caroline xoxo
ReplyDeleteI would be blessed to try this xxxx thankyou
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed, xx
ReplyDeleteALWAYS on the hunt for a new mascara and this looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the chance of allowing one of us to win this. Have a lovely day. xxx
I noticed this in the line up for the show, but didn't see the presentation, I would love to be able to try it. alisonh222@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway.
Ali
ooooh!! would love to try this out :D! thank you for the prize draw ;) x
ReplyDeleteooooh!! would love to try this mascara out! :) thanks for the prize draw ! x
ReplyDeleteCode Beautiful? Yep, thats my pretend blogger nom de plume ;-) I want it. I would like to win it. A Xmas present for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ReplyDelete@redbuttongirl
I do love my Elizabeth Arden mascara but I'd love to try this! x
ReplyDeleteAlways looking for a better mascara! Great giveaway, thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like the one for me! What a lovely giveaway.
ReplyDeleteGod please, please, please let this mascara be THE ONE. Amen.
ReplyDeletecerensumer01@gmail.com
I'd love to try this :)
ReplyDelete@fizzyvimto
Just when I thought I'd found the best mascara possible (Max Factor's Masterpiece Max) another contender enters the race!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes please, enter me! ~ Emma x
ReplyDeleteAlways appreciate your good advice and would love to try this out - just in time for the holiday season too! *^_^*
ReplyDeleteI am always buying new mascaras and have like 9 on the go!! i will watch tonight i do enjoy a bit of qvc!!!
ReplyDeleteI need a new mascara, my fav one is running out and it has been discontinued!! will be watching qvc!!
ReplyDeleteWhy yes purlease! Please enter me - Laura x
ReplyDeleteooh yes please!! (am quickly chucking out old mascaras after reading the comment about keeping them for 6 weeks - I am a shameful hoarder!!) x
ReplyDeleteGimme gimme gimme...........lovely.
ReplyDeletemtglastonbury@aol.com
sounds great. mascara is essential but never quite right.
ReplyDeleteWould love to win one! Am yet to find THE mascara x
ReplyDeleteIm soo desperate for an easy wash off paraben free mascara. Im the dreaded pull-eyelashes-off woman when it comes to getting mascara off. Would be a dream. Thanks ! Jasmine xx
ReplyDeleteSounds fab - need something to brighten my day! xx
ReplyDeleteSounds fab - need something to brighten my day! xx
ReplyDeleteIm soo desperate for an easy wash off paraben free mascara. Im the dreaded pull-eyelashes-off woman when it comes to getting mascara off. Would be a dream. Thanks ! Jasmine xx
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the launch - every woman wants to find the perfect mascara
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness.....always searching for the Holy Grail of Mascaras - fingers crossed
ReplyDeleteWhat a great give away
oh my goodness.....always searching for the Holy Grail of Mascaras - fingers crossed
ReplyDeleteWhat a great give away
I would love to win this mascara - it sounds amazing :-)
ReplyDeleteOh that would be lovely! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI have tried everything I can afford but very mascara I buy smudges within a few hours. Would love to give is a go. Thanks for the post x
ReplyDeleteWould love of give this a go, every mascara I buy smudges within hours, I've tried everything in can afford! Thanks for the post x
ReplyDeleteClaire.mcgrath@me.com
Youve been right about everything else so far so lets see about this one! Would be great to try xx
ReplyDeleteCurrent fave is Benefit They're Real, but this looks like a great one to try. Thanks x
ReplyDeleteBrilliant a mascara that does it all. Zereen x
ReplyDeleteThis sounds fantastic! I would love to try it. cheers.
ReplyDeleteWould love the chance to try, will also look out for you on QVC next time (as missed today)
ReplyDeleteGuessing this is contact lense friendly?
Amy
X
I'd love to try this!
ReplyDeleteSublime! chloe.francis5@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI would love to win this mascara! :)
ReplyDeleteI would love to win this mascara!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway! x
I'd love to win a new mascara! Perpetually on the lookout for a better one, but not student-budget-friendly to try them all out. Thanks for bringing us this, Caroline!
ReplyDeletenew mascara? yes, please
ReplyDeleteAlways on the hunt for the ultimate mascara. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI have such trouble with mascara - because my eyelashes are so fair, if i don't use an excellent mascara, it is very obvious…Perhaps this is just what the doctor ordered!
ReplyDeleteSounds fantastic, I'd love the chance to try it. Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteA good mascara that is also cruelty free: awesome!!! Lots of love, Caroline. As always, thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteI am in desperate need of a good mascara! this looks fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteYes please! I've tried everything and still look like a panda by mid afternoon...
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be entered into the give away! Xoxo :)
ReplyDeleteMascara that washes off easily? I'd love to be eligible for the give away! Thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteSounds pretty amazing!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be entered!
Sounds pretty amazing!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be entered!
Definitely interested ^__^
ReplyDeleteA mascara that works and comes off only when meant to would be amazing!
ReplyDeletealorymanatgmaildotcom