I've covered SPF extensively in the last few years so this year I'm going to focus primarily on light facial SPFs, suitable for daily use as well as holiday - and these from Chanel are kicking us off.
These two new formulas, available in both SPF30 and 50, offer UVA and UVB protection, long UVA, infrared and indoor lighting protection.
The bottles and descriptions are very similar to the current Chanel SPFs but these are not released until 27th May so don't confuse these with the current offering on counter.
Chanel UV Essentiel Multi-Protection Daily Defender is £42.00 for 30ml and will be available nationwide at the end of the month.



Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me if there's still the semi-high amount of alcohol as the older formula?
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Do you know how this compares to the other one, UV Essentiel Daily UV Care Multi Protection Anti Pollution? I bought the spf 50 in that last month and have been fairly impressed so far, but now wondering if this is it's replacement. I find it acts a little bit like a primer on my skin and have found my skin to be paler, so I know it must be doing it's job! The downside of that is that it makes the search for pale foundations even harder (I was already on the palest NARS shade and now that's too dark), but it's better than risk damaging my skin.
ReplyDeleteCould you do a post with info about protecting skin against indoor lighting etc? Is it necessary? Thank you for your knowledge!
ReplyDeleteMany indoor lighting emit rays which leads to photo ageing. I personally do not leave the bathroom unless I have some sort of sun protection on even if I'm not leaving the house.
DeleteCaroline, how do you judge on protection against long UVA, infrared and indoor lighting protection? Never heard of these!
ReplyDeleteJust a general Chanel thought...Although I think most of their products are great, I find service at the Chanel counters not very satisfying in general. What I mean by that, is that in my experience they're not as great as other counters (Bobbi Brown for example) at doing your make up.
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline, can you post the ingredient listing for both? Thanks very much!
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline, do you have a full list of ingredients for these? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteNo reply? That´s really poor, Caroline. There are so many people waiting for the ingredient list out there, because we want to compare the new and the old Chanel protection products.
DeleteIn many countries they are not available yet. Your blog isn´t helpful anymore, just pr, sad.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I always intended to give an inci in a later post, or I wouldn't have published the comment in the first place. You may want to check your sense of entitlement at some point.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHey Caroline, Never heard of skin issues with indoor lighting so a post clarifying this would be great. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteare these instead of a daytime moisturizer? I like to have multitasking products
ReplyDeleteThis is a sunscreen, so usually over a moisturiser.
DeleteAny chance anyone can recommend good SPFs that can go over makeup?
ReplyDeleteBioderma recently came out with a anti UV mist SPF30 which is colourless & sprays over makeup! Picked it up recently and it's great!
DeleteSo pricey! What makes this better than the sunscreens you can buy at drugstores for a fraction of the cost?
ReplyDeleteHaven't tried this one personally, but have used the older version of chanel's spf and other high end ones. In comparison to drugstore ones, it's the finish, the feel, the colour & the texture which really distinguishes them.
DeleteThank for the reply. I will definitely test it at a counter. I worry about fragrance and wonder about the amount of alcohol. I find Clinique sunscreens to be excellent.
ReplyDeleteThese sound great. I have been very good at applying my sunscreen the last years, but I am always looking for a light formulation.
ReplyDeleteLinda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking
This is so weird! I was almost certain I heard you express something sort of scepticism towards SPF in nano form, in a video with the zelens-guy, and also, that you are not very hysterical about getting some sun on your skin, and now it turns out that even in-door lighting is bad? I realize this is an oldish post , but I would really like to get more info on the nano sized ingredients!
ReplyDelete