Birthday
Lovely lovely readers. This month my little corner of t'internet turns 5. FIVE YEARS. I have absolutely no clue where the time has gone, but I'm happy to still be loving what I do and very grateful to those of you that both check in to read daily and watch the videos on YouTube. It would be an absolute understatement to say that starting this blog has changed my life in the best ways imaginable and I only have you to thank for it.
Tidying and newness
I've been doing a little housekeeping behind the scenes for a while now, updating Cheat Sheets, adding more information, removing a lot of these --> !!!!! <--- and just generally tidying. As part of my ongoing 'offering' I'm adding daily reviews. I'll still blog all my usual content, ramblings, newness, interviews, cheat sheets et al - but I love reviewing products and I know from the stats that you enjoy reading them. SO: if you have a particular request for a product to be reviewed please do leave a comment and let me know. Assuming I have the product I'll get started. The product with the most requests will be targeted first and so forth...
Monthly Skype Consultation winner
Last month I had my first consultation via Skype with the lovely Derin *HI DERIN!!*.
I'm picking this month's winner today and the new competition will also go live at the same time. Stay tuned for that one. And yes, it will be open internationally as always.
I'll be back this afternoon, off to make my hair brighter! ;) (See yesterday's post)
Dear Caroline - to quote you, your blog has also "changed my life in the best ways imaginable and I only have you to thank for it" :-)
ReplyDeleteYour advice and reviews have drastically changed my skin for the better*. I literally feel much better in it and thus as a whole.
Congrats on reaching 5 years (no mean feat, especially nowadays in an ocean of information!) and all the best to you and your loved ones.
Tigerlily
*they also nicely balance the wrinkles I'm getting from reading your funny comments and anecdotes
Ooooo...I would love a review of the Aurelia products, especially the eye due. Turning 40 in May...so need all the help I can get!
ReplyDeleteThanks in advance!
:) xxx
Clinique smart serum
ReplyDeleteThank you for a lovely blog! I would love reviews on SPFs - I need something for the summer which doesn't break me out!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Caroline! I am curious to know what you think about Lancome's Hydra Zen Nuit, which is the one I used up and anything in the line for normal to oily skin? maybe?
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Alina
Er *cough*, so..
ReplyDeleteKate Somerville: Deep Tissue Repair
Kate Somerville: Age Arrest
Zelens Hydro-Shiso Moisturiser
Aesop Fabolous Facial Oil
Aesop Parsley Seed Antioxidant
Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Acid
Also: You've said to invest a special night time moisturiser but i'm really struggling to find one from your site - I found a review for This Works No Wrinkles nightime but am a bit stumped as to what else you would include in this general category.
Again, Also: Can you do a Top 10 Products a la Ruth please, pretty *pretty* please? Just so us morons know where to start.
Also: i'm a greedy b*tch. clearly. but it's all your fault. I now trust NO ONE apart from you and await your opinion before any purchase! (You raved so much about Tata harper I didn't know where to start so just bought the whole damn kit off net a porter).
I would also appreciate some night time moisturizers appropriate for women in their mid-late 20s!
Delete2nd'ed!
DeleteYes, please. Nighttime moisturizer.
Deleteyes! anything Aesop would be great!
DeleteThe Kate Somerville Nourish - both normal & oil-free versions - are brilliant for night time. Oil free for really oily/acne skins and it's great for spring/summer (which is imminent!!! YAY! SPRING!!!)
DeleteP.S Aesop blemish gel is the best - kills zits without drying the skin surface & no peeling!
X
B
Caroline, is there anything which can treat/fade/improve melasma? I have a small patch on my cheekbone from the contraceptive pill which won't shift.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
This is without doubt the best, most informative and clear skincare site I have ever seen! You're honesty and 'no bullshit' approach to educating people about their skin is not only refreshing, but admirable too. I'm sure you could earn yourself a lot of money to lie to us about product, and I'm so grateful that you don't! I'm 18 now and am so happy to have come across you, I feel as though I'm lucky in that I most likely will avoid years of being mislead and sent in the wrong direction when it comes to taking care of my skin! So thank you again for sharing!
ReplyDeleteId love if you could review MooGoo's blemish cleansing moisturiser, or any recommendation for a serum/all over face treatment for blemish prone/congested skin!
P.S, please visit Dublin again!!!
Annabelle xxx
PC resist toner with 2% BHA
ReplyDeletei second that
DeleteI've been looking on your blog but cant find anything about acne on the tops of arm/shoulders/back/neck any advice? I'm already using an SLS free shower gel & shampoo (REN Neroli and Grapefruit & OGX) but don't know what else I can do! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteSecond this. I've switched to SLS shampoo and condition (L'oreal) Is Dove soap ok to use? Also using Clairns brightening toner on my back
DeleteHappy Birthday to your blog! And thank you for keeping it up after 5 years! :D
ReplyDeleteAs far as request goes, I very much would like your opinion on Kiehl's products, especially the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, The Hydro-plumping serum and the Avocado eye cream.
Also, as Hannah Banana suggested, a cheat sheet on nightcreams would be amazing, it's even more nebulous to choose one than serums! ;)
Thanks a lot for your help, past anf future, and Happy Easter to you and your family!
Second that!)
DeleteThird!
DeleteTata Harper products, more specifically the difference between her 4 cleansers and who/what they are good for.
ReplyDeleteAnother good suggestion!
DeleteYes please!
DeleteI have heard a lot of talk about Elixir Cosmoceuticals - would love to hear if all the buzz is deserved!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see reviews of other Biologique Recherché products, apart from the wonderful P50.
ReplyDeleteSeconded! I'd love to hear your thoughts on Lait VIP O2, Creme Dermopurifiante, and some of the serums.
DeleteClearly not CR but I'm a big BR fan (As per Caroline's recommendations, I also use Kate Somerville - the goat milk is insane!)
DeleteI'm a big fan of their products and have bee using them for over a year now.
Lait VIP O2 cleanser - it's alright but nothing spectacular
Creme Dermopurifante - brilliant for acne/congested skin
Creme Placenta - great for healing post-acne skin
Serum Oligo-proteines marines - great for brightening skin up & makes your skin glow!
Serum Complexe Iribiol - regulates oily skin
Serum extraits tissulaires - regenerates & soothes the skin
I also swear by their VIP O2 mask & masque vivant (used to find that it stinks but I've grown to love it so much, I love the smell now! Just smells a bit like yeast/wet bread dough)
Hope this helps!
x
B
Dear Queen Caroline,
ReplyDeletecould you please please do a review about the clinique moisture surge overnight mask - I´m really struggling to find a decent inci-list and since clinique is a brand where you have to be a bit careful I´m changing my mind about it like, errr...every 5 seconds?
The pai rosehip oil would be interesting as well.
And please, one of my biggest insecurities in terms of acid toning: When prone to melasma/ hyperpigmentation, would it be better to stop using it during summer? Got some dark spots although I was using an spf 50+ and no toning in the morning.
So, as I said, I´m really insecure about that and would love love LOVE a cheat sheet.
Thank you! xx
Congratulations!! You have transformed my skin!! (and my bank balance! :( ) Could you review Aurelia Night Cream and/or Mizon Night Repair please? (looking for a new night cream!) What do you think of Image (esp Vital C) range? Thank you xx
ReplyDeleteI know you have mentioned you like Dauphin in the past but could you let us know which products in particular?
ReplyDeleteYes please. Love the redness relief serum, but would like to know about some of the others
DeleteCaroline has mentioned love for the Intral toner - seconded!
DeleteX
B
skinceutical retinal creams please! Thanks Caroline!
ReplyDeleteTata harper products please
ReplyDeleteYes please! What to buy for what type of skin etc.
DeleteHi Caroline!-
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 5 yrs-🎉
Please review T Harper contouring serum-can an all natural product really nip n tuck?
The new La Prairie booster serum
Aaaaand Codage serums......um can I add more!!!!
BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE P50!!
ReplyDeleteI know you're a fan, but an actual proper product review in the new format would be so appreciated! Especially if you can elaborate on what not to use it with/what's overkill (ex: I always wonder if I'm over-exfoliating if I also do a cream with lactic acid in it or other active ingredients) and how some of the other acid toners you recommend compare in terms of strength.
Caroline has mentioned that the P50 is the "Rolls-Royce" of acid toners. The 1970 original formula is definitely the strongest of all - only available in the USA. I think as long as you don't use another strong acid treatment (like Sunday Riley Good Genes) on top of P50, you're safe.
DeleteAnd always use SPF!
X
B
I'm in Canada and can only get the new formulations (p50/v/w) which don't have the magic ingredient. So reviews of the 1970 aren't quite as applicable. I would love to know more about the new regular p50.
DeleteThe new P50 is still brilliant at exfoliating the skin - although I find that it doesn't turn the skin as red as the 1970 version. Although it's somewhat milder than the 1970 version, I would use it in the evenings and use Pixi glow tonic in the AM.
DeleteX
B
To second anonymous: I have tried both phenol and phenol-free versions and I actually prefer the phenol-free. It is still by far the best exfoliating toner I have tried, the magic is still there for me! I am also in Canada :)
DeleteCongratulations on your 5th birthday Caroline. I can say with total honesty that yours is my absolute favourite blog of all time. I check it daily and hang on your every word, though I'm really gonna struggle with the sugar thing. What can I say, I can't live without skincare or cake!! I also love your videos. You're refreshingly honest, you've single handedly taught me a whole bunch about ingredients and what does what for my mush and about what to avoid. I'd love some more budget ideas for a really good night cream, I'm 46 and need something really hydrating.
ReplyDeleteI would love for you to review Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment
ReplyDeleteand Goldfaden MD Vital Boost - Even Skintone Daily Moisturizer (and Goldfaden MD Pure Start cleanser).
Thank you!!
I'd love any reviews on good daily sunscreen products (moisturisers with SPF, sunblocks and the like) now that the weather is getting better but ideally for everyday use! What SPF should we be aiming for to use as a minimum all year round?
ReplyDeleteSecond that! I use the Skinceuticals tinted one and the Elta Md tinted one because on particularly good skin days I can get away with no or minimal foundation on top, and they also work well under makeup. What do you think of those? Are there any other ones worth trying? Are there any BB or CC creams that work well as a sunscreen (and should I still use a good moisturizer with proper active ingredients underneath)?
DeleteWould love to know your thoughts on Korres products. Especially their Black Pine Serum and Black Pine Eye Cream for anti-aging.
ReplyDeleteAlso would love a blog post on us poor souls suffering from aging, spots and dehydration all at the same time. How do you treat signs of aging while not causing breakouts? Thank you so much!
I'd love to see your thoughts on Tata Harper's new beautifying face oil-- I know you love her products, but I haven't seen this one in any of your instagram pics, and it's much cheaper per oz than the nutrient complex oil
ReplyDeleteOlay regenerist luminous range, serum particularly. xxx
ReplyDeleteElave products, please! Particularly the skin balancing oil-free moisturizer, skin balancing cleanser and sunscreen. I tried and (initially) loved Kate Somerville's Goat's Milk moisturizer, but it broke me out. I recently switched to the Elave oil-free moisturizer and was astonished by how well it moisturized my sensitive, retin-a and retinoid stressed, breakout prone 40s skin. And no breakouts. I didn't think there was such a thing as a really moisturizing oil-free sensitive skin moisturizer, but yes there is! Placebo? Or worth a rave? I want to know what you think!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 5 years!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see a review on Andalou Naturals..and more eye creams/serum reviews in general. I would also love to see a video on how you actually do your night routine and watch you go through the motions. I never know if I'm applying my eye cream correctly! Thanks for all that you do!
Congratulations and most heart-felt thanks and gratitude to you for sharing your knowledge and opinion, you have quite literally saved my skin from eczema riddled dehydrated dry flaking horridness to the best it's been since I was a young teenager. (Also thanks from my mum, your advice is helping calm the skin-storm since my grandma died) I don't think anyone will ever know the depth of my gratitude for helping my skin improve to a point where I have some of my self esteem back.
ReplyDeleteAs for reviews?
Korean skincare brands (that starfish cream changed my skin overnight, are the products/approaches just hype or are they really good?)
Affordable retinol (or derivatives) especially for newbies - I don't know if it's your help with my skin or the formula but every retinol product I've tried before burnt my face to oblivion however I took the plunge and the Indeed Labs one didn't- I don't know if my skin is tolerant for the first time in forever or it's just not strong enough?
Thank-you!
The comment section reads like a shopping list.
ReplyDeleteLindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking
Happy 5 years!! I am afraid to admit that I only found your blog a few days ago. I wosh I'd found you sooner! I am checking daily for new posts and enjoying reading back on old posts. I have already ordered lots of products that you have recommended. Lookin Forward to learning lots more from you xx
ReplyDeleteCongrats Caroline! Would love a review on the Zelens serum...Space Nk lady was really selling it to me (quel surprise) but at £150ish I need to know what you think of it. X
ReplyDeleteHappy blogiversary! I'm a new convert to the Caroline Hirons school of skincare, and it's made a huge difference for me.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see reviews of Indeed Labs' Pepta-Bright and/or Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant.
Thanks!
*HI CAROLINE!* Wish I could chat more, couldn't get enough really! It was more than just a skincare consultation, it was a theraphy! I most definitely recommend to you ladies, get your names on the winner list!
ReplyDeleteHiya Caroline,
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog Birthday-If you get the chance would you please review the Kinvara skincare range please and thank you?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAUVORITE BLOG!!!!! Did I already mention that I adore your blog and how much it's changed the way I take care of my skin??? And I was already obsessed before, so just imagine!!!
ReplyDeleteCould you review the Caudelie Polyphenol serum? Do you still think it's good as when it came out? I had a little sample and it felt pretty amazing...
And please and eye cream for 45+ from a brand that is more widely available than what you have already recommended. We don't get all that lovely TH, SR etc here, and as my skin reacts easily, I have to try stuff out before shelling €€ on a good eye cream....
Oskia- Renaissance cleansing gel.
ReplyDeleteAlgenist- again, the melting cleansing gel, (even with the strange smell) it's amazing.
Eminence- an organic brand I have never seen you review.
Tata Harper- whats good for what skin type.
Tatcha- Camilla cleansing oil and Rice Enzyme powder (really love this)
Congrats on 5 years!!!
Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Renewal Cream. Or even any other night cream/moisturizers that can be good for 20's skin.
ReplyDeleteyes please!
DeleteThis truly is the best blog on the 'net, so congrats on five years and I hope for no many more!
ReplyDeleteCould you possibly review the Omorovicza clay mask, or another purifying (spot-fighting) mask that offers results? Also, I'm having a hard time finding a good serum for spot-prone skin - any suggestions?
Thank you, lovely!
Would love advice on some good spot serums and masks too
DeleteSome reviews on pericone, aurelia and Aesop products would be good. Debating whether any are worth the purchase.
ReplyDeleteOh is it called blue cocoon face cleansing balm??? Is it worth the money?
ReplyDeleteHi, i'd like to see daily SPF's for the face for different skin types. Other suggestions, eye creams to target dark circles/wrinkles
ReplyDeleteProducts to target pigmentation, blemishes. Full skin routine product recommenation for different skin type
ReplyDeleteThank you Caroline for being so incredibly generous with your time and knowledge. How amazing that you've educated and improved so many of us!
ReplyDeleteI for one would love to know your thoughts on Alpha-H Liquid Radiance and/or products you prefer with a similar goal.
Also I second the nomination above for Kiehls Midnight Recovery.
With gratitude...xo Suzy
I've been curious about Sunday Riley Skin Adrenaline. I have oily skin so it sounds like something I would love, but I'm nervous about plonking down 185 dollars sight unseen. Thank you for all the work you put into your blog, it's so helpful!
ReplyDeleteHi Caroline
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on five years! Wish I had found you sooner. Ah well. From now on I follow your advice and attempt to get skin that I like .
I would love to hear your thoughts on two Australian brands if you have the time and can source them. Moogoo, their acne cleansing cream and face oils in particular and Sukin. Both are affordable but I do wonder if they are actually beneficial. Thanks :-)
Also guess I might as well ask. Any particular suggestions for 22yr old congested, spotty dehydrated skin with some marks and pigmentation? Thanks :-)
Seconding this! I would love to hear your thoughts on Sukin (they are only available in Aus but they are super affordable) and Apivita too! I could also do with suggestions for 23 year old congested, spotty, dehydrated skin with light acne scarring :)
DeleteCaroline, can you please provide your thoughts on Olay
ReplyDeleteRegenerist Micro Sculpting Cream, Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum and Philosophy Purity Made Simple? I love your blog. You've changed the way I look at skincare, but more importantly, you have the best sense of humor! Thank you so much! --
Serums or oils for acne, blemish prone skin!!
ReplyDeleteNUDE Pro Genius Omega Treatment Milk.
ReplyDeleteA review on any hydrating / Moisturising Toners that you recommend (and are ideally in the more affordable/high st bracket) puh-lease! Happy Birthday to the blog!
ReplyDeleteLike the Jane Iredale face sprays! Especially the D2O, but eventually all of them .. In comparison to the Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray you recently reviewed for example?
DeleteTHANK YOU and congratulations!!
Congratulations on the anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs. Hirons, I love your blog. Thanks for all the wonderful content. I would like to request a review of the philosophy microdelivery two-step peel. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteSecond that! And any at-home peels, really. Which ones actually make a visible difference?
DeleteCongratulations on 5 years of no nonsense sense!!
ReplyDeleteYou, Lady Hirons, are nothing short of fabulous x
Happy blogversary! Your blog has transformed my skin and I can't thank you enough. I wouLD love to see what products from Clinique,clarins and tbs you would.recommend, and more on Korean skincare brands as I can find them more easily than some of the other products you mention here. And.....I would love it if you could do a video on how to read an ingredients list, and what we should avoid and what to look for. Sorry for the long wish List. Again, thank you so much for everything you do!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 5 years! I would love to see a review on the Aveda kinetics exfoliating toner, there are hardly any reviews on it but I have an Aveda shop where I live so would be much easier to pick it up but not sure if it is any good!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if you could review products form Algenist? In particular the Concentrated Restructuring Serum.
Thank you for your blog, I've learned so much in the year or so that I've been reading and it's the first place I point people too when I talk about skincare things.
Seconding all requests (here and elsewhere among the comments) for reviews on Algenist products. Their eye is so lovely for very dry undereyes that I've become curious about the rest of their line. Would love to know what you think Caroline! - Joy
DeleteWould like to see reviews of MooGoo oils, Alpha H vitamin A serum 0.5, SK11 Essence, Skin Medica's TNS Recovery Complex and Dr Perricone's vitamin C Ester 15 serum (sorry if anything's spelt wrong and I know some of these products are quite expensive).
ReplyDeleteWould also love to see comparison reviews of staple skin care such as comparison of maybe 3 retinols, 3 vitamin C serums, 3 sun screens (with all products being good options).
Thank you :)
Would really love to know if you think the Rodin face oil is worth the $$$, Caroline!
ReplyDeleteWould love a review of the REN cleansing balm! I'm a fan but i haven't heard much about it on beauty blogs and i just wondered if it had any nasties or anything in it. Plus it's great for students as it's only £12 and the bottle is massive! Love the blog as always x
ReplyDeleteThis is more of a general one, but now that REN has been acquired by Unilever, I'm guessing we can probably expect some changes to formulations, and most likely not for the better. Once those roll out, would love your thoughts on the new products and how they stack up to the originals. I've recently started using the ClearCalm 3 Clay Cleanser, based on your review, and love it. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your great advice.
ReplyDeleteLooking for a good serum for early thirties please.
Happy blog birthday! I'm very grateful that you are sharing your beauty expertise with us <3 You said this blog has changed your life, well it has changed mine too. My skincare game is soooo much better, thanks to you! Keep on rocking Caroline xoxo - Joy
ReplyDeleteI am curius about BABE laboratorios products, especially their Stop AKN line and especially their Tonic! :) My friends have had such great results from this line, but I'm still hesitant to try... I don't have acne per se, but they say it smoothes out impurities and bumpy skin. Thanks! :) http://www.laboratoriosbabe.com/en/product-line/stop-akn.aspx
ReplyDeleteEL Micro Essence please! Xx
ReplyDeleteWhat about the DAILY ESSENTIAL MOISTURISER SPF 50 BY ALPHA-H?
ReplyDeleteObv not Caroline, but she actually left a review on the product page at Cult Beauty, with five stars and praise, so I think it's safe to say she likes it!
Delete~El
Hi El. Thank you for the tip off he aide I never actually did that. Now I have to go shout at people. GGGRRRR.
DeleteThat comment I believe has been lifted from something I wrote on the site.
Oh dear. I'm glad I mentioned it then! Hope you get it sorted. *hugs*
DeleteCaroline, I also thought that you an written that and had found it odd since there's mineral oil in that moisturizer. Good to know!
Delete(Ingredients from Cult Beauty website:
Aqua, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cera Alba, Benzophenone-3, Paraffinum Liquidum, Silica, Isopropyl Myristate, Octocrylene, PEG-15 Cocamine, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Stearate, Hydroxycellulose, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.)
Ooh happy birthday blog!! I've enjoyed reading it so much :) a couple of reviews I'd like to see are the Cane+Austin exfoliating pads, the Caudalie grape water, more body products, lip balms, and clay masks!! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think of Mario Badescu products? In particular the Drying Lotion. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi Anonymous, not Caroline here but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents here and share my experience, hope that's ok :) I used to have a good impression of MB for affordable and nice, albeit kind of basic, products. A couple of years ago, after going through endless ingredient lists, I decided to order a few products to test them out. I was quite enjoying their Enzyme Cleansing gel during the summer, when something struck me: the product was very obviously fragranced, and it had a pretty pearly/iridescent look on my hands, but neither fragrance nor pigment were listed in the ingredients. Now, I am not against products having fragrance per se - although I do tend to prefer fragrance-free products- but I do like to know what I am going to be putting on my face before purchasing. So this kind of bothered me but after a while I just forgot about it. I did finish most of the stuff I got, and I particularly thought their drying cream (didn't try the lotion) was pretty effective. Last year however, I learned that MB is facing some sort of legal action because one of their popular products allegedly contained steroids, which was NOT labelled on their packaging in any way. Obviously this is a nightmare, especially for people who had been long term users of that product, and who reportedly experienced and are experiencing symptoms of steroid withdrawal on their skin. After that horrible incident, it seems MB have finally decided to label their products properly; last I checked, the ingredient list of their beloved Enzyme cleansing gel has grown threefold. And guess what: fragrance, mica, and 4 other colour pigments now make part of it, along with a bunch of other stuff. So to summarize my long rant (sorry!), even though they appear to be more careful with their ingredient lists now, and may very well sell some nice and affordable products, I simply cannot trust them. I did my research before buying their products, and I feel like I was lied to. Nothing bad happened to my face, but it did to other people's faces, who likely also did their research before ordering.
DeleteThanks for the past five years of advice Caroline! Technically not a review request, but I'd love a post on beauty packing for holiday trips!
ReplyDeleteWould love a cheat sheet on supplements and also what's best for hormonal acne in terms of products/treatments/supplements. Love the blog! check it every single day! you make me laugh so much on youtube as well xxx
ReplyDeleteHappy blogiversary, Caroline! I hope you are still blogging and still enjoying it in five more years. :-)
ReplyDeleteFor reviews, I'd love to hear your opinions on Bliss products, particularly the Triple Oxygen and Youth As We Know It lines - any of the products you might have. Possibly also if a Bliss spa is a good spot for a facial? You mentioned them in one post ages ago as being somewhere that upsells but tells you that the additional service carries an additional charge. But didn't say if their base services are any good.
Similarly, would love your opinion on Sk:n Clinic. There is a clinic conveniently located for me and I'm not averse to paying for a dermatology appointment (and avoiding the probable months-long referrals process of the NHS as my rosacea is more or less under control so it's hardly An Emergency!).
~El
Oh, and related to my other comment, I think what I would love to see most is a post or cheat sheet on how to talk to a beauty therapist and help them help you. Your recent post on the worst parts of being in the beauty industry hit rather close to home, as I do have a lot of allergies and I know full well just how unenthusiastic most beauty people are about hearing the word "allergic". That's the primary reason I don't often go for facials or other treatments - not because I don't like them, nor because I can't afford them, but because I know that I am extra work as a client and it makes me really uncomfortable in what's meant to be a relaxing setting to have to strongly reinforce those boundaries, as many therapists and sales associates will brush off my concerns, or often won't even know what the ingredients are in the products they want to use on me.
ReplyDeleteWhilst my specific allergy problems are obviously going to be unique to me, I think that a lot of people could benefit from a post about how to communicate with beauty therapists so that everyone comes away from the interaction happy. We might all go more often if it were less intimidating! ;-)
~El
Paula's Choice recently came out with a 25% vitamin C treatment for dark spots (Resist 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment) that's getting some pretty ecstatic reviews on their site. If you're able to get it in the UK, I'd love to hear your thoughts after a trial period. Not sure if this is an issue for you, but I have dark marks left over from acne scarring, as well as a few areas of dark pigmentation (sun damage, methinks) around my upper lip that I'd like to start working on. I'm trying to decide between this and the Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright. Would love to read your review of either!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, looking forward to many more years of your skincare fabulousness! I'd love to see in depth reviews of anything possibly everything :) Tatcha as well as the Su-Man serum and moisturizer. Thank you and good continuation <3
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Caroline! Can I just say your skincare advice has transformed my skin and I am eternally grateful. Your site is top class- I don't trust any advice other than yours& really appreciate your honesty which is truly refreshing. Many thanks for all your blog posts xx
ReplyDelete